Human factors & ergonomics research
水果视频app官网Human factors and ergonomics is the application of psychological and physiological principles to the engineering and design of products, processes, and systems. The main goal of is to reduce human error, increase productivity, and enhance safety and comfort with a specific focus on the interaction between the human and the thing of interest.
Human Factors research with Noldus tools
Noldus tools and solutions are traditionally used for Human Factors research in the aviation and automotive industry. Especially in time and mission critical systems, The Observer®XT is a great asset. It supports complex experiments and gives precise statistics, like task completion times and error rates. It allows you to combine behavioral data and video with physiological signals, eye tracking, sensor readings from a flight simulator, and more.
水果视频app官网Noldus offers plenty of tools for conducting and optimizing your human factors research, find out more!
水果视频app官网Drivers navigate through ever increasing traffic, sometimes supported by assistive tools and often while interacting with devices and being sociable. This makes it a challenge to predict driving behavior and the effect of driver support systems on driver performance.
Noldus introduces an innovative new research tool: DriveLab水果视频app官网. It combines the strengths of individual high-end components to deliver a powerful and easy-to-use test instrument for understanding driver behavior and evaluating human-machine interface designs.
This new tool helps researchers understand driver behavior and the influence of support systems on behavior and performance. It furthermore helps vehicle and electronics developers in testing how their products are being used and what the effect of these products will be on driving behavior, providing them with valuable information for further improving their designs.
DriveLab has been designed in cooperation with Green Dino, Smart Eye, Delft University and the HAN University of Applied Sciences.
Understanding Driver Behavior and Evaluating Human-Machine Interface Design
User-mobile device interaction
Are you investigating interactions between users and a mobile device? Our specially developed Mobile Device Camera (MDC) records your user's interaction in HD. Our MDC is compatible with The Observer XT, creating a powerful system for Human-Factors research on mobile devices. The Mobile Device Camera records your user's interaction in HD. It is a small camera you can easily mount on the device. Add the video to The Observer XT for further analysis.
Training and consulting services
Besides training you and your colleagues in the art of usability testing and Human Factors research, Noldus’ professionals can also assist you when performing your experiments or take care of one or more of the stages of the testing process. For example:
- We can set up a test lab in an environment you describe as typical of that in which your products will be used.
- Next, we set up the test itself. Together we identify the relevant characteristics of your users and create a task list, consisting of all key tasks to be performed with your product.
- And more.
Ergonomics research with Noldus tools
Ergonomics deals with the relationships between human activities and strain on body and mind. The Observer® XT has excellent system integration abilities, allowing you to study physiological responses, muscle contractions, forces and other parameters in their behavioral context. This allows you to identify in detail which actions and movements are potentially harmful and which are not, thus helping you to improve products and procedures.
Our labs allow you to make synchronous recordings of video, physiology, and behavior, and study all the data together.
The Observer XT
The Observer XT is the professional and user-friendly software package for the collection, analysis, and presentation of observational data.
Researchers worldwide use The Observer XT水果视频app官网, professional coding and analysis software, to integrate different data streams, such as physiological data, muscle contractions, video, audio, and more.
A diverse collection of scientific articles citing Noldus products are published in renowned journals each week. Below you can find a shortlist of scientific publications in this area.
- Bell J.; Stigant M. (2008). Validation of a fibre-optic goniometer system to investigate the relationship between sedentary work and low back pain. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 38(1), 934-941.
- Blackler, A.; Popovic, V.; Mahar, D. (2009). Investigating users' intuitive interaction with complex artefacts. Applied Ergonomics (2009), doi:10.1016/j.apergo.2009.04.010.
- Burdorf, A.; Windhorst, J.; Beek, A.J. van der; Molen, H. van der; Swuste, P.H.J.J. (2007) . The effect of mechanised equipment on physical load among road workers and floor layers in the construction industry. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 37, 133-143.
- Hooftman, W.E.; Beek, A. van der; Wal, B.G. van de; Knol, D.L.; Bongers, P.M.; Burdorf, A.; Mechelen, W. van (2009). Equal task, equal exposure? Are men and women with the same tasks equally exposed to awkward working postures? Ergonomics, 99999: 1.