水果视频app官网Education is all about gaining knowledge about facts, events, values, beliefs, general concepts, principles, etc. Educating people is essentially a social interaction process and relies heavily on communication skills and group dynamics. On the other hand, training is a way to develop skills, rather than just know about something. Training is based on practical application, it involves hands-on experience and helps people to implement a new system, improve a specific ability, or further their abilities.
Video feedback tool Viso
More and more video feedback is used in education and training facilities. It continues to prove its effectiveness for both educators and students. By using video and audio recordings in education and training, students and educators can receive, and benefit from, direct feedback.
With Viso®, you can view recordings live or directly afterwards in any preferred location. Because there is no delay in the debriefing, the educator's attention can be completely focused on the learner's behavior.
To examine, for example, effective teaching and teacher-student interaction, classroom observations can be used as a technique to gain the desired insights. Using a software tool to observe the questions students ask, how the teacher reacts, and whether the teacher checks if the students understand his explanation, will make the research much easier. It enables to code behaviors accurately, record one or multiple videos, integrate data modalities, and explore the results.
水果视频app官网Watch the video to learn more about the use of Noldus' tools for classroom observations.
Educational research topics
Educational research is typically video based and carried out in real life situations. Examples of research topics:
- Teacher-student interaction
- Evaluation of teaching methods
- Classroom dynamics
- The effectiveness of special education programs for young children with developmental delay
- The engagement of students with behavior problems
Training teachers to go out and teach
水果视频app官网At Virginia Tech, Dr. Tiffany Drape has been working with college students, who are pre-service teachers, and will be going out to teach.
水果视频app官网In this video Tiffany Drape tells us more about recording students as the faculty taught some lessons, recording how they’re responding, and then going through reflection exercises, to see if they can verbalize that. To complete it, they look at the data to see if it matched.
A diverse collection of scientific articles citing Noldus products are published in renowned journals each week. The following list is only a small selection of scientific publications in educational studies:
- Antonini, T.N.; Narad, M. E.; Langberg, J.M.; Epstein, J.N. (2013). Behavioral correlates of reaction time variability in children with and without ADHD. Neuropsychology, 27 (2), 201-209.
- Blayone, T.J.B.; Mykhailenko, O.; vanOostveen, R. & Barber, W. (2018). Ready for digital learning? A mixed-methods exploration of surveyed technology competencies and authentic performance activity. Education and Information Technologies, http://doi.org/10.1007/s10639-017-9662-6.
- Bocquillon, M.; Derobertmasure, A. (2017). The interaction between supervisor and trainee teacher in the context of video feedback a statistical analysis of qualitative data. Reflective Practice, 19:1, 118-134.
- Drape, T.A.; Westfall-Rudd, D.; Doak, S.; Guthrie, J.; Mykerezi, P. (2013). Technology integration in an agriculture associate's degree program: a case study guided by Rogers' Diffusion of Innovation. NACTA Journal, 57 (1), 24-35.
- Vincent, S.K. & Drape, T.A. (2019). NACTA Journal, 63, 133-139.