水果视频app官网Understanding consumption behavior and lifestyle is at the core of consumption research. How does technology influence consumption behavior and lifestyle and how can this technology change behavior? For example, technology such as an eHealth coach, wearable, or a serious game. Furthermore, to what extend is social media or family context influencing eating behavior?
Automatic consumption behavior analysis
水果视频app官网For the analysis of behavior that is related to eating and talking, the consumption behavior module is available on an experimental basis in FaceReader 8. This add-on module allows you to analyze the following behaviors:
- Taking a bite (or taking a sip)
- Chew motion
Include heart rate and heart rate variability
With FaceReader, it is also possible to measure heart rate using RPPG. It is a contactless measurement and provides insight into responses to stimuli such as food or advertisements.
It measures the variance of red, green, and blue light reflection changes from the skin, as the contrast between specular reflection and diffused reflection.
水果视频app官网It only requires video recording with a high-resolution camera. It can be beneficial in various kinds of physical, health and emotional monitoring, such as monitoring of consumers or drivers.
Reveal unconscious consumer behavior
Noldus Consulting reveals unconscious consumer behavior by interpreting individual actions.
Immersion in a consumers’ natural environment may spark insights around a product category and how it is used. Unfortunately you do not always have the figures to back this up. Systematic observation and a structural analysis of the usage behavior can support these findings statistically.
Watch the video to learn more about Noldus Consulting.
AV lab facilitates systematic observations
Whether it is in a natural setting such as capturing home use tests on video or in a laboratory at a university campus capturing eating behavior, Noldus helps you design the best research solution.
水果视频app官网We've helped researchers around the world integrating data streams into one software package in order to interpret results and make recommendations. Technology used in consumer contexts varies from a smart watch to a fit bit, all data can be easily combined with video recordings in order to really understand what is happening.
Prof. Kees de Graaf in the Restaurant of the Future
水果视频app官网Prof. Kees de Graaf talks about how to study sensory science and eating behavior. And how software such as The Observer XT helps his team achieve their goals in science.
In the video you see the Restaurant of the Future. This living lab includes sensory and physiological laboratories and a real-life lunch restaurant.
水果视频app官网Watch the video to learn more about why he chooses Noldus' tools.
Traditional methods such as BBB scoring, running wheels, and ink on paper are subjective and quick to master, nor do they assess the temporal dynamics of gate accurately. The CatWalk XT system comes complete with software.
- Andersen, B.V.; Hyldig, G. (2015). Consumers’ view on determinants to food satisfaction. A qualitative approach. Appetite, 95, 9-16.
- Wijk, de, R.A.; Kooijman, V.; Verhoeven, R.; Holthuyzen, N.; Graaf, de, C. (2012). Autonomic nervous system responses on and facial expressions ot the sight, smell, and taste of liked and disliked foods. Food Quality and Preference, 26 (2), 196-203.
- Wanders, A.J.; Jonathan, M.C.; Borne, van den, J.G.C.; Mars, M. Schols, H.A.; Feskens, E.J.M.; Graaf, de C. (2013). The effects of bulking, viscous and gel-forming dietary fibres on satiation. British Journal of Nutrition, 109, 1330-1337.
- Mennella, J.A.; Forestell, C.A.; Morgan, L.K.; Beauchamp, G.K. (2009). Early milk feeding taste acceptance and liking during infancy. The American Jounal of Clinical Nutrician, 782- 786.
- Juodeikiene, G.; Basinskiene, L.; Vidmantiene, D.; Klupsaite, D.; Bartkiene, E. (2014). The use of face reading technology to predict consumer acceptance of confectionery products. Foodbalt, 276-279.
Consumption research and Noldus tools
Observing human behavior in a structured way helps researchers develop and evaluate suitable interventions in order to promote healthy lifestyle and sustainability in general. Different research questions can be tackled using for example FaceReader technology which has now been extended with a Consumption Behavior Module. Portable or stationary AV labs from Noldus enable researchers to control the context and evaluate product use or gain insight into natural consumer behavior.
Learn more about how Noldus Technology and Consulting Services can be applied in this research field.